At long last, I have submitted DianHua Dictionary v2.0 to Apple for approval. Changes to DianHua Dictionary for v2.0 include:
- Integration with the DianHua Dictionary Audio Module providing pronunciation for over 16,000 dictionary entries.
- Support for Search History.
- Support for Bookmarking dictionary entries organized in folder hierarchies.
- Integration with DianHuaDictionary.com supporting backup and export of History and Bookmarks.
- Searching by English, Pinyin, Simplified, and Traditional Characters now done from the same screen.
- A new search algorithm with sub-second performance on average.
- Improved quality of search results.
- Support for mixing search terms such as “ci dictionary” or “we wo3”. or even “他 men”.
- State restored when returning to the dictionary so you can pickup where you left off.
A mistake on my part led to the DianHua Dictionary Audio Module being released early. To those who have already purchased it, I appreciate your patience in waiting for the dictionary and apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.