What? You’re laughing. I’m serious about this. I know it’s nearly April Fool’s Day, but it really is time for a limited public BETA test of DianHua Dictionary 4.0 and DianHua Audio Dictionary 4.0. Still don’t believe me? Alright, what about a screenshot from the iPad?
Not enough? That’s unfortunate because you’ll be missing out on:
- A brand new iPad interface
- A new spaced repetition study algorithm
- Automatic or manual sync to DianHuaDictionary.com with improved speed and reliability
- Upgraded CC-CEDICT with over 100,000 entries
- Over 1,500 stroke order animations (maybe only 1,400 by the time I check all of them)
- Customized word list entries (aren’t we all tired of obscure English definitions confusing us during flashcard studying?)
- That last one? You can use it to study sentences.
- Improved English search algorithm
- iPhone 5 support
- Retina display support
The crazy thing is this 2 years in the making version isn’t even out, and I can’t wait to get started on the next one. Until then, I would appreciate any additional eyes I can get on the upcoming release.