Support is provided through DianHua’s User Voice site. Feel free to provide suggestions and submit problem reports.
Frequently Asked Questions
Right now, DianHuaDictionary.com does not provide an export that will directly work with Anki. However, using a Spreadsheet or a custom Anki Model, you can easily move your DianHua Dictionary Bookmarks into Anki for studying. There are two methods:
Modify the DianHuaDictionary.com Export
Anki expects its import files to have 3 fields:
The DianHuaDictionary.com export file contains 5 fields:
To create an Anki compatible file, open the DianHuaDictionary.com export file in a Spreadsheet application and copy/paste/delete columns as appropriate to create the Front/Back as needed. For the Tags column, you could use the Folder field to help categorize the Bookmarks inside Anki. Make sure you save in UTF-8, then import the new file into Anki.
Create a Custom Anki Model for DianHua Dictionary
By creating a custom model, Anki will be able to import DianHuaDictionary.com’s export file directly. Follow these instructions:
- Open Anki.
- Go to Tools, Deck Properties.
- In the Models and Priorities tab, click Add.
- Select “Copy: Basic” and click Ok.
- Select “Basic copy [0 facts]” in the Models list and click Edit.
- Change the name to DianHua Dictionary.
- In the Fields list, add: Simplified, Traditional, Pinyin, English, Folder (IN THAT ORDER).
- In the Fields list, remove Front and Back.
- While here, make a Card Template.
- Click the Card Templates tab.
- Select Card 1 (Forward).
- In the Question field, type: %(Simplified)s
- In the Answer field, type: %(Simplified)s
- Close out of the two Dialogs and go to File, Import.
- Select a CSV file that you have exported from DianHua Dictionary.
- Click the “Auto-detected delimiter” and change from “/” to “,” comma (don’t type the quotes).
- Make sure the Model field is set to DianHua Dictionary.
- Click Import.
You should now be able to study the information from the export file with Simplified on the front and Simplified, Pinyin, and English on the back. Use the Card Template properties to change the front and back as appropriate.